Part of the course has you riding a motorcycle on an MSF approved range.
There are rules that apply to the riding exercises and these are designed to ensure a safe learning environment.
You must abide by the rules provided to you during the course.
Do not practice on a motorcycle without your RiderCoach's permission. First use only.
- Always wear your protective gear when sitting or riding on your motorcycle.
- Know the location of the engine cut-off switch and how to use the switch.
- Cover the clutch at all times -- keep all four fingers curled over the clutch lever. This will enable you to squeeze the clutch lever immediately in an emergency, thereby cutting off power to the rear wheel.
- Keep wrist down on throttle hand.
- Always check to the rear, to the sides, and in front before moving your motorcycle.
- Keep a safe margin of space between yourself and other students when practicing in a group. Don't bunch up.
- If you have a riding or mechanical problem with your motorcycle, move it out of the path of other riders and consult your RiderCoach.
- If an emergency arises, stop and call for help from the RiderCoach.
- If you do not understand an exercise, ask for further explanation before attempting to perform it.