Approximately half of the course is on-motorcycle instruction. Motorcycles and helmets are provided.
You are taught techniques such as:
- Basics of motorcycle operation.
- Straight-line riding, turning, shifting and stopping.
- Cornering, maximum braking, and swerving.
The Motorcycle Safety Foundation certifies your RiderCoach.
During the on-motorcycle portion of your training on an off-street practice range, you'll learn the proper way to:
- Start your motorcycle engine and shut it down.
- Slow and brake to a stop.
- Riding in a straight line and turning.
- Avoid objects by swerving correctly.
- Ride safely, enjoy your motorcycle and avoid becoming impaired.
Before starting on the range, your RiderCoach will review the range signals and hand signals that will be used in the riding portion of the course.
Range Hand Signals